This 10 to 15-minute tone up aims to help you warm up and relax the body prior to singing practice. Study picture above to guide you on how to breathe as you go through the exercises.
Please Note: - Check with your doctor prior to attempting any of these exercises. Stand with your arms by your side, breath normally and keep the head and shoulders relaxed at all times.
· Neck Release: Drop your chin to your chest. Imagine you are drawing a line on your chest with your chin; slowly move your chin to the left, towards your shoulder. Reverse direction to the right and then back down to the front.
(A complete cycle). Repeat this 5 times.
· Shoulder Release: Raise your shoulders towards your head, slowly rotate them back, down and forward. Repeat this 5 times then reverse the direction. Shake your arms out when finished.
· Full Body Roll-down:
forward from the waist and let your
arms drop towards the floor. Slowly unfold the body and raise your arms above
your head, stretching your arms upward, then out to the side lowering them
slowly back to their natural position. Repeat this 3 times. Bend
· Rotation of the upper body: Stand in position with legs slightly apart and hands by the side. Inhale, hold your breath and rotate only your upper body left and exhale. Return back to position and repeat the process moving right. While doing this exercise, endeavour to keep your back and shoulder relaxed. Repeat this 3 times.
· Rib Cage Stretch: Inhale, raise right arm then curve your body left-wards; exhale. Return to position and repeat the exercise in the opposite direction. How do you feel? Repeat three times.
· Keeping your head relaxed and facing forward, open your mouth and yawn. Repeat twice then inhale a deep breath to a count of 5 and exhale steadily to a count of 10.
Now you are set to start your vocal warm-ups.
For more information about booking a singing class, or if you have a question, see below:
Follow here: www.instagram.com/leeelliemusic
Like here: www.facebook.com/lauraetemah
Join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vocalchampmastermindvip/
Call here: +2348137107137