Friday, 31 October 2014
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Hello parents! Congratulations on the resumption of your children to school. It almost felt like the holidays would go on forever! Good to know that our kids can go back to school and learn. We thank God for keeping the highly dreaded ebola disease away from us all. By this time, you are sure to be booking private classes with your children's subject teachers. Just a reminder that you don't forget to put Music lessons on the top of the list. Why should this be so? In case you do not know, teaching a child to sing and play instruments is as good as teaching the child to do everything else he needs to learn to survive. So, before you total your budget, remember to give us a call on +2348132918691 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to book classes on piano, guitar, violin, recorder and singing for your kids! That's Meriem, a 4-year old from France up there on the piano. Bring in your kids to join he fun!
Saturday, 13 September 2014
As a singer, you ought to know some of the terms used in your profession. This will enable you communicate efficiently with other people in your field.
Although there are many of them, I will share some important ones with you here. You will find the others in my Sing like a Superstar book.
1. A Cappella: Singing without any form of instrumental accompaniment.
2. Ad lib.: To improvise and deliver extemporaneously or to perform spontaneously.
3. Back-phrasing: A stylistic technique where the singer is either ahead or behind the beat, on purpose. Some pop and jazz singers use this technique.
4. Bel Canto: Singing that focuses on beautiful sound, not on acting or emotion.
5. Blend: In solo singing, the smooth transition between the head and chest voice. Or when more than one individual is singing, the sound combination between singers, which preferably makes it difficult to pick out one singer's voice amidst the group.
If you know more, share with us here.
This is just about the few important ones I would like to share with you. You can find the others in my book. Do not hesitate to call us to get your ow copy.
How do you care for your voice? What should you eat or drink? What will hurt the vocal cords? You will find the answers to these questions and more in the following lines.
To keep a clear and sonorous voice, you have to stay away from mucous-forming foods like red mead, diary products and cheese. These products tend to make you form a little extra mucous in your throat which can get in the way of your singing.
They also take a long time to digest and drain your energy in the process, as opposed to giving you energy. Light foods that could give sustenance and energy while you perform are ideal.
Eating big meals before going on stage could hinder your singing by affecting your breathing. This is because so much goes on in your stomach during digestion and could get in your way of reaching high notes. Digestive "burbs" may come up while you are on stage and cause embarrassment.
It is therefore advisable not to eat anything four hours before performance...
Read the rest of this information-packed article for the singer in the Sing Like a Superstar book by Laura Etemah. Call us on +2348132918691 to place an order. You can also send us a Whatsapp message.
Monday, 8 September 2014
Sunday, 17 August 2014
Thursday, 7 August 2014
Have your kids learn this and many more songs on the recorder. Help them make the best of their holidays. register them for recorder lessons. You'd be glad you did!
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Sunday, 23 February 2014
Friday, 17 January 2014
Sunday, 12 January 2014
You can now find Lee Music School on Facebook. Join us there and spread the good news. Have a fabulous 2014! Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Music-School/240569249438045.
Monday, 6 January 2014
Good to see my fellow female Star Quest contestants after a long time! Hmmm...that was me...in those days.
1. Log on to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Music-School/240569249438045 and like our facebook page; also leave a comment to let us know you.
2. Log on to www.leevocalstudios.blogspot.com and make honest comments on at least 10 different posts.
3. Lastly, send us an email to let us know you are done and you are on your way to a free singing or instrument class lasting 45mins and worth N10, 000 or $50.
Hurry, fulfill your part and be on track to unlock the musical treasure in you!
Best of luck!
10 Reasons Why the 12 Keys should be Mastered
1. To be able to easily accompany any singer on any key.
2. Freedom to learn chord relationships.
3. It frees you from the 'transpose' button on an electronic keyboard.
4. Makes it easy to learn new songs.
5. It builds a player's confidence.
6. Adaptability to all genres of music.
7. Respect from your musical colleagues.
8. Ability to flow with a tone-deaf singer.
9. Every aspiring music director needs this skill.
10. Gives you a sense of achievement. The mastery of anything feels good.
So guys, keep working and your musical growth would be limitless! All the best!
VOCALIST! - International mailing list and free resource for singers and singing teachers.| printable sheet music | musical instruments | karaoke songs